Tuesday, June 7, 2011

World Health Organisations acknowledges mobile phone link to cancer

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) on 31st May 2011 announced what has long been suspected: that mobile phone use may increase the risk of developing certain types of brain tumours. Click here

As I wrote in my book, I personally believe it is only a matter of time now that we see health warnings on mobile phones. In time, it will mean a ban on buses, trains and trams as the microwave emissions bounce in metal carriages creating 'hotspots' exposing unsuspecting commuters to high doses of microwave radiation.

Tips to reduce your exposure
1. Use a landline phone (cordless phones use the same radiation as a mobile phone)
2. SMS whenever you can
3. When making or receiving calls, keep your head away from the phone: use the loudspeaker or an air-tube airpiece

0 comments:

About Nicole Bijlsma

I am a building biologist which in short means I conduct audits of people’s homes to see if they are affecting their health. Previously I worked for 15 years as a naturopath and acupuncturist and lectured extensively at various institutions before realising the extent to which the home was causing illness in many of my patients. I am the founder of the Australian College of Environmental Studies and author of Healthy Home Healthy Family. In my blog, we’ll explore issues relating to hazards in the home.

View my Story: www.buildingbiology.com.au

Followers

© 2010 Nicole Bijlsma. Powered by Blogger.