Friday, June 17, 2011

The dirty dozen - pesticides in fruit n vegies

Pesticides - we all know they are bad but how do we avoid them? Well, the Environmental Working Group just realised their "dirty dozen" after examining the pesticide residue in common fruit and vegies.

In order of highest were apples (my 4yo son eats 6 a day!), celery, strawberries, peaches, spinach, nectarines, grapes, capsicum, potatoes, blueberries, lettuce and kale (EWG, 2011). What do you do? buy organic when it comes to these foods. To find out where pesticides are in your home, click here.

0 comments:

About Nicole Bijlsma

I am a building biologist which in short means I conduct audits of people’s homes to see if they are affecting their health. Previously I worked for 15 years as a naturopath and acupuncturist and lectured extensively at various institutions before realising the extent to which the home was causing illness in many of my patients. I am the founder of the Australian College of Environmental Studies and author of Healthy Home Healthy Family. In my blog, we’ll explore issues relating to hazards in the home.

View my Story: www.buildingbiology.com.au

Followers

© 2010 Nicole Bijlsma. Powered by Blogger.